Provisional Psychologist Program
We are here to support you through your internship, and help you become the best psychologist you can be! Applications now open for our 2024 provisional psychologist program.
We are looking for dedicated, passionate and ambitious Central Coast provisional psychologists to join us!
With many years experience of helping provisional psychologists gain their full registration, we know what support you need and how to help you become the best psychologist you can be.
Joining the READ Clinic as a provisional psychologist gives you access to industry-leading board-approved supervisors, and a supportive and professional therapy environment, with unsurpassed professional development opportunities right here on the Central Coast.
To register your interest in joining us, please email our Co-ordinator of Business Development.
The finer details of our Provisional Psychologist Program
What you will get:
- 12-month contract, with a view to offering you a position as an independent contractor when you are registered
- Competitive salary, including annual leave, carers leave and superannuation
- Assistance with developing your internship plan (Form INPP-76)
- Weekly supervision sessions with one of the directors of The READ Clinic, being a Board approved supervisor (in line with the requirement for 1 hour of supervision for every 17.5 hours of psychological practice) valued at over $15,000
- Access to our regular supervision evenings (currently EMDR, Child & Family Team, and TF-CBT group supervision sessions available), and the expertise of the experienced team of practitioners at The READ Clinic
- Support your participation in professional development activities, including financial support for selected courses – WISC-V and Circle of Security
- 6-monthly progress reports and reviews of your professional development plan
- Review of case studies
- Access to and training in a wide range of psychometric assessments
- Completion of final assessment of competence, subject to meeting standards
- Comfortable and professional consulting rooms
- An excellent pipeline of referrals
What we ask from you:
- We prefer you to work 24 to 32 hours per week as we feel this gives you the most efficient way to proceed through your internship. But if you want to work for fewer hours, we can make it work for you.
- Obtain and maintain provisional registration with AHPRA
- Professional Indemnity Insurance to be obtained by yourself (at your cost)
- Police Check and Working with Children Check to be obtained (paid for by the Clinic)
- Enthusiasm, commitment and a willingness to learn
- Involvement in client-related activities where you are not undertaking direct client contact or professional development
- Participation in our fun social events so you can get to know the other practitioners in an informal setting