MCP & MPP Placements
Completing placements at the READ Clinic gives you access to extensive supervision, mentoring and administrative support, as we help guide you through your pathway to completing your Masters of Professional or Clinical Psychology.
The READ Clinic is the largest private psychology practice on the Central Coast. With over 30 psychologists across two sites, we can offer you unrivalled access to the knowledge and experience of senior and experienced psychologists, in addition to the individual and group supervision you receive from our board-approved supervisors.
The READ Clinic is able to offer child, adolescent and adult placements, and we often have students come to us for two consecutive placements. We work with you during your placement/s to ensure that you get the best possible grounding in private practice psychology. We want you to come out of your placement/s feeling really confident in your skills and knowledge, and set up for success in your career.
All our psychologists, including psychologists on placement, receive the highest level of administrative support – our Client Care Team take care of all the administrative aspects including initial client enquiries, appointment booking, diary management, gap filling, invoicing and debt collection, leaving you free to focus on providing therapy and completing your studies.
As a placement student at the READ Clinic, you are part of the team and have access to all of the professional development and social events we hold each year.
Work/life balance is very important to us here at the READ Clinic. We are able to offer you placement days and hours that fit around your existing commitments.
To register your interest in joining us on placement, please email email@example.com.
The finer details of MCP and MPP placements at the READ Clinic
What you will get:
- Competitive remuneration, including a laptop and mobile phone package
- Supervision by in-house board-approved supervisors with extensive private practice experience. Supervision during placements is provided at no cost to provisional psychologists, and at a heavily discounted rate for registered psychologists.
- Exposure to complex case formulation and management via Clinic-wide group supervisions with senior psychologists
- Peer support from the team of interns and placement students at the READ Clinic
- Comfortable and well-appointed consulting rooms and clinic facilities
- Full administrative support leaving you free to focus on therapy, assessments and your studies
- Pathway to join the READ Clinic as a registered psychologist at the end of your final placement
What we ask from you:
- Completing your 4th or 3rd & 4th placements
- Excited about joining the leading private psychology practice on the Central Coast
- Reside on the Central Coast (or relocating to the Central Coast prior to commencement)
- Registration with Ahpra
- Full working rights in Australia